- Dave
8.02.2008
We're back and what a trip it was!
We're home...well, at least those of us that were Lincoln bound and the Norfolk bunch should be shortly. We managed to squeeze a 36 hour trip into 51. Our intended trip of Hyderabad to Frankfurt to Washington D.C to Chicago to Omaha turned into Hyderabad for 3 hours more than we anticipated onto Dubai to London to D.C where we stayed the night on the cold concrete
floor of the airport terminal before heading to Chicago on a flight that was also delayed by weather and then sprinting through O'Hare to catch our next flight on to Omaha which they held up 30 minutes for us, which was kind of them because we might still be there if they hadn't. Evidently there was a strike by some employees on one of the airlines we were supposed to fly and a flight got canceled so we had to be re routed. It was a mess but we made it a little weary and our heads spinning a bit but we're here. Some of us head back to work on Monday, some are getting ready to start school or enter her freshman year, other's are looking for a job. I know I have much to say to wrap up, but it might be a couple of days before I can put all the words together, so check back. Hopefully (and I haven't talked this over with the team yet, but I hope they will do this) other members of the team will share some final thoughts as well. I also intend to get some more photos and maybe even a video or two up. It will be good stuff I promise. I don't know what will happen with this blog between now and the next trip, but we hope to keep it active, so don't be a stranger, check back every now and again. I hope you all enjoyed reading it, we sure enjoyed living it and bringing it to you!
- Dave
- Dave
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WoW, what a trip! When you get rested up, we would love to see more photos and hear more about your work and ministry there. Thank you for sharing the experience with all of us. Smiles, Pam :)
Post a Comment