Megan here, the whole team traveled up to Calcutta and has spent the last day 3 days partnering with different ministries here. 11 of the team members left last night to travel back to Nebraska. Lori and I traveled up to Chandigrah to visit her aunt and uncle. Caleb and Melissa remain in Calcutta for 6 more days. Yesterday morning we had our trip debriefing and everyone summarized the trip in 2 or so sentences. So here most of them are....
Ashley: It was very hard to see the skinny children and the poverty and sex slave trade, but it was also great because it was very challenging for me. It was also encouraging because I was able to see how God has used us with Uddamarry to help change the lives of the children and bring huge smiles to their faces.
Amy: I feel like it was a successful vision trip for my future. I now know that God has called me to bind up the brokenhearted, set the captives freem and release the prisoner in Jesus' name (Isaiah 61:1)...specifically by helping women in the sex salve trade gain physical and spiritual freedom.
Megan: I have seen God's hand at work in the hard and dark places; the slums, streets, and villages of India. But those places is where His light and glory are more radiant and visible than I have ever seen before.
Jon: It has been an experience in which my eyes were opened to some great and terrible things going on around the world. In turn it has caused me to ask why and check my self for who I am and what I want to be.
Melissa: It was a trip that was heavy and hard and not only showed me the reality of peoples pian, but made it personal for me. But in the midst of the darkness and desperation I saw glimpses of light and life poking through the cracks of the Kingdom. I want to make those cracks bigger.
Roxanne: I have seen darkness previously I've only read about and I'm seeking God for what to do with what i know. The streets of Infia have my prayer and whatever He tells me to do but UDDAMARRI HAS MY HEART!
Lori: I was allowed to see proof that our Uddamarry relationships are stronger than ever. I was allowed to see a strong beam of hope shining out of a really dark hopeless situation by a hope-giving God.
Logan: Once you see the complete pverty all the distractions that consume our thoughts and lives fall away and you see Jesus all the more clearly through the smiles on dirty faces, the stories of redemption and all the little things which God shines so brightly.
Ryan: Seeing all the poverty in India, it seemed that it would be hard to see God in the midst, but you can see little glimpses of God moving through India. Our team made a difference and a huge impact on the lives in India. God did amazing things!
Paula: There was alot of hard things to see and comprehend in my mind but God is here in India. The contrast of light and dark is very clear.
Caleb: I saw the face of Christ in the people I met from the HIV+ in Thane to the children in Uddmarry to the prostitutes in Calcutta. It's hard to want to go back to school when there is so much immediate need but I believe God is going to use all of me through medicine.
Anthony: I don't think I can summarize the trip in 2 sentences but if I had to I would say: It is amazing to see God's love reaches around the world in the hearts of people. I feel so privileged to have met in schools, slums, and villages. God gave our team great endurance and strength and I am excited to see what the fire in our hearts is after this. TII - This Is India and God is here!
8.08.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment