7.21.2008

Get to know: Kalen. A little bit about me...

The third in a series where we will introduce you to our team. Next, Kalen.

My name is Kalen Marie Drake. I have blonde hair, blue eyes, I am about 5’4” and well, you don’t really need to know my weight…let’s put it this way—not too big, not too small, juuust about right (sort of) ;). I was born and have lived my entire life thus far in Norfolk, NE. I am currently 17 years of age, just around 5 years age-difference from the next youngest member of our team. This next fall, I will be attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as an incoming freshman and am not completely sure as of yet what the year will look like since a lot of things (job, church, classes, activities, etc.) are up in the air, but hey that’s the life of a college student, right? Throughout high school I was very involved in music (singing, piano, show choir, etc.), drama, and tennis, to name a few. While this is not my first time out of the country or even overseas, this is definitely the most different experience I’ve had in my life and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for the rest of the trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kalen, my beautiful daughter, I'm so proud of you for your obedience to the call of God to go on this trip and for your courage to venture out into the great and awesome country of India. I pray the people of India and the Spirit of God touches you so that you are changed forever... for God's glory and for His Kingdom! We love you. Mom
P.S. Write home!