Hey Everyone this is Paula,
My time in India so far has been an awesome experience. I wanted to share a story about this lady pictured next to me. She works at the school being one of the maids. Everyday she serves us our lunch and is a very hard worker. I was excited to see a different side of her one day. She took me into one of the classrooms and wanted to practice saying her numbers in English with me by doing patty cake. I realized how much she was just a girl like me.
The next day I was privileged to get to go and see her little one roomed house. She has very little to her name but yet she was so gracious to offer me a little chicken as a gift. Sadly I couldn't take the little chick home but I will never forget how selfless she lives her life.
I am excited to share more stories of my time here but am glad that it is only half over. I am excited to see what else God has for us here. Keep praying for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment